*Kyndal's latest thing is requesting songs before bed. Except they're not your conventional songs. Her current list includes the Mommy Song, the Daddy song, the Red Truck song (we have a red Expedition), the Blue Car song (Ben's blue Mazda), the Candy song, the Horsey song (for her rocking horse), the Wall song (her walls were painted pink and turqouise by my mom and dad), the Dora song (the real Dora song), the Rock song, the Kara song was requested last night (she loves my friend Kara), the Cookie song, the list goes on and on. Pretty much you can tell what we did that day by the list of songs she asks for when we're putting her to bed. For some of the songs we try and do church songs, like the Mommy Song is Love Is Spoken Here and the Daddy song is I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home, the Rock song is The Wise Man Built His House,,,, But for some of them, we just can't find any songs that fit, so we are then forced to make up lyrics. And Kyndal does not accept failure or defeat (Kyndal, I don't know what to say about the chair), so she'll repeat her request over and over until we aquiesce and make up some lyrics. I cannot remember lyrics to songs for anything, even if it's my favorite song ever, so this is hard for me. Ben does a much better job. So we lay in bed at night laughing hysterically at the lyrics to each song she gets, and how we just really don't know what to say about her cup. I love bein' a big ole dork for my kids (in this instance, dorkiness is wholly accepted I believe)! Here are a couple examples for your pleasure, please try not to be too blown away by our talent:
The Red Truck Song:
We all go riding in the red truck
Daddy, Mommy and Kyndal too
The baby rides in the red truck
Right next to you
The Blue Car Song:
Daddy goes to work in the blue car
He comes home every day (now when she talks about Ben, it ends with "daddy comes home EEEEEEVER day!" Man, I sure am grateful for that!)
We put the blue car in the garage
and it goes to sleep
The blue car goes zoom zoom
*Kyndal digs TI's Bounce Like This and U Don't Know Me, and JayZ's Brush Your Shoulders Off. She does a little shoulder lock move along with. "Kyndal bounce like dis!"
*Dev is the best conversationalist ever. I can't ever get a good convo on video, he gets too interested in the camera and clams up, someday though I'll be sneaky enough to get one. He'll coo and chat forever, facial expressions, voice inflection, smiles, laughs. He's so dang cute. He also has highly ticklish armpits and hips, I get some great laughs out of him for that!
*Ben saying it's easy to lose weight.
*The eye doctor today asking me if I was ok after he'd just probed my tear duct with an extremely sharp object (see post below). Hold on Doc, let me get my hyperventilation under control and then I'll get back to ya.
*Kyndal saying "what's that" when she's inquiring about a person (we're working really hard to get her to say "who".....). Combined with a finger point and loud voice, this is highly embarassing and I can't help it, I laugh when I get nervous. Ooo, also when she was noticing the color of a black man the other day at a high volume. Again, I can't help it, I laugh when I get nervous and I sincerely hope I did not come across as ignorant and rude. She really was being politically correct! Just loudly politically correct. I'm glad Ben was there with us to try and get her to stop pointing and talking about it, and trying to discuss it with her. I was useless. Kyndal, Heavenly Father makes people of all different colors,,,
*Oh, did I mention yet Ben saying it's easy to lose weight?
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Things that have made me laugh
Posted by Abbey at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love the songs, that's too cute! And Ben saying it's easy to lose weight- I am now laughing at that as well. :)
I'm definitely a witness to all of Devin's ooooing and awwwing...I had the best conversation with that kid and I can't wait til the next one!! :) Happy late Anni Abs!! :)
Hey Abbey! I'm glad you found me! I was actually thinking of you because we moved to FARMINGTON! hehehehe!
Come visit!
Oh what great parents you are to make up cute little songs for your kid! Why is it that men can lose weight so easy & us girls have it hard - RUDE! BTW our hubs are on their way to play golf right now... Hope you are having a fab trip! You look good in glasses. Really.
Post a Comment