I'm up in CO right now and enjoying life thoroughly, I'll do that post later though. But tonight, I wanted to share a quote I found again today and totally don't ask where it came from, I cannot remember for anything where I heard it. But it made me think a lot and made me realize I need to be better and way less slothful. I should tell you though, I've accomplished CRAP since I heard this three months ago, but (oh wait, I did hang up several pictures in my house). Something about good intentions paving the road to hell comes to mind. I seriously am gearing up to be straight awesome though, so WATCH OUT when that happens. Haha...
It was more involved than this, but here it is:
Find someone to be successful for
Those of my friends that I am sickly jealous of everytime I read blogs for how cute and skinny (like Heather, running a flippin' half marathon!!) and accomplished and beautiful home-y they are might not find this as profound as I did, however I still think it's important to keep in mind. We all have people in our lives be it husbands or parents or siblings or sweet little kids (or all of the above) that we need to be successful for. If you don't do things for your own personal satisfaction and fulfillment, do it for them. People need your example more than you might realize! I do not want my kids growing up thinking I'm lazy and boring and unintelligent. Selfish? Yes. However my intentions will be good. Oh dang, there's those intentions again.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Whoops,,,
Posted by Abbey at 10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Okay I get guilty every time I hear the statement "good intentions pave the way to hell" and then I get all... oh I don't know, defensive or logical whichever you want and think that that can't be the way it works. I mean ya you need to accomplish things and you can't just think good thoughts and do nothing. But you have to get credit for the effort even if it doesn't work out right... A for effort????
And I also look at my friends and think I'm an unintelligent unattractive failure... I think it's called insecurity and we should really work on this.
Okay, I'm going to be all philosophical here for a moment, are you ready for it? Here it is: another reason to find someone to be successful FOR is because if the only person you're working hard for is yourself, that's going to be the only person there to share your successes with you.
Oooh, very true!
Oh Abs you made me feel so good! That's a good quote! Happy 6th Anni too! I wanna go to that pizza place now and try it! I loved the leopard print robes too! haha Very nice! To answer your question about the half marathon I didn't really train for it! I decided last minute to do it like 3 weeks before and I already had been running from 3 to 5 miles a day! The most I got up to was 8 miles and I would do that a couple times a week! If you can do 5 miles then you can do 13! It wasn't as bad as I thought and it is a great accomplishment! You should totally do it girl! It's awesome!
Post a Comment