We finally got to go back to NM for a quick little trip this past weekend, and it was grrrreeeeaaaaat. For starters, we have sleeping arrangements made so that Ben and I get to sleep in our own room and hallefreakin'llujah. I do not sleep at all when the kids are in the room (makes for long trips when I'm gone for 2 weeks), so this was a huge step up. We got there Friday evening and just ate dinner at the standard, The Grill (in Edgewood). Saturday we got up super early and arrived at the zoo at 11:00am (I know, we are the picture of punctuality). So immediately K's nap flew out the window, but we spent 4 hours at the zoo and 1 at the aquarium and then went to dinner at Olive Garden and she totally rocked it. It was really awesome to be at the zoo with all my fam (wait, someone was missing :( :( :( , my Dad hasn't gone with us before and it was great to have him there. He took some cool pics of the animals, a baby orangutan and a baby elephant. The baby orangutan was so so so so so so adorable, it's hair was truly wacky. I am fairly sure I could get K's hair to do it, hmmmm, Halloween idea! It was just a really really nice day with everyone and K cooperated and made it even nicer. I so love to be there, I wish we could move there but have Ben commute or something... Sunday Megan, Mom, K and I went to the state fair and left all the boys at home to watch football. K again was awesome, so I bought her a ladybug pillow. She actually really wanted the craptastic pink plastic dolphin that has no purpose in life, but I put my foot down. The ladybug pillow is as far as I will go with buying stuff we don't need from the fair! Although come to think of it, the "caca queen" shirt for a toddler was really classy, I should've bought that... She loved the animals at the little petting zoo, esp the little tiny baby pygmy goat! Oh and I ate a green chili hamburger. GREEN CHILI LOVE RIGHT HERE PEOPLE. We left on Monday after seeing my Grandma Z (GeeGee to the kids) and having lunch at Fuddruckers where I ate another green chili hamburger. Ahh, the land of green chili and more green chili. It's so lame to me you can't get green chili as a pizza topping here, people are missing out! Anyway. My grandma was fun with the kids. She's in a nursing home for alzheimers/dementia patients, so that makes things a little difficult, but she knows who the kids are. Mom told her K is smart like Dad was (my dad), and she goes "smart alecky", which was really funny. My dad was prob the most smart alecky kid around. It was fun that she remembers little things like that to make us laugh. We left about 4 hours later than we wanted to, so we got home at 10, but both kids were great little travelers and went to sleep just fine which has never happened before after a car trip. There must've been something in the air, they were so good all weekend! Probably it was all the Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Meg love :) K had lots of fun with everyone and also Kodi (one of my parents dogs), they have fun chasing each other around the house. Devin just sits and watches and loves and laughs. Such a great weekend, too bad it can't happen all the time!!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Short but fabulous
Posted by Abbey at 6:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
Oh man. I love the duct tape. That's awesome. Totally dad.
Btw, I really like your new layout with the pics and everything.
Yeah!! What a perfect trip!! I'm always so impressed that your kids travel so well. Your posts totally crack me up - the visuals are awesome!!
Post a Comment