Kara gave me the pics of Devin's 1st bday party and said "here are the copies of the pictures from Devin's birthday party, for if you ever blog again".... Oops, called out. So, here I am blogging again. I always think of things to write but then I get on the computer and totally lose the fire (or one or the other of our computers is being bratty). But here goes...
As we did with Kyndal's 1st, we just did a bbq with friends and fam. If you've kept up with my Abbey: Unplugged blog though, you'll remember all the anxiety business, so this time around it was a much smaller affair. I felt numerous pangs of guilt though while planning Dev's because I didn't do centerpieces for him, I didn't make 48 cookies and frost them, we didn't make burritos and all manner of things, I didn't do some kind of a colored drink, etc etc. So Devin Thomas, I apologize, but Kyndal's 1st was too much for a baby who doesn't know what's going on, and we're just fixing that with you. .... And probably we'll have other children and you'll end up being the middle one.... haha but I am the middle child so we can commiserate!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Dev's 1st Bday Party
Nonetheless, we had JD & her fam who my children dearly love, Ben's nephew David and his little fam, and then a few of our good good good friends over as well. I was happy with how it turned out! Dev isn't too sure about big groups though, so he was kind of a stinker, but the rest of us enjoyed it I think. I did make him a cake, with some nice blue frosting I think all parents had fun seeing on the other end (I know we did! It was teal!). I did a little smasher cake for him with a target on it. I totally thought he'd go at it with a vengance, but I had to shove my fingers in his mouth covered in frosting to get him to eat it! He stuck with the frosting the whole time though, the cake part wasn't of much interest. Thanks for the pictures Kara, they are so great!! I'm so glad I don't have to worry about documenting the huge moments in my childrens' lives, haha!
Ok, this stuff is good... Once you had to force me to eat it.
Posted by Abbey at 11:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Abbey- how I miss you! I feel like we are in exactly the same place in our lives. Our kids do the exact same things and you put these things into words so well. Don't you dare even worry about D not walking. T isn't and I am realizing each day that each kid is different and will learn things differently and at their own pace. T and R are SO opposite in certain things. The other thing to know is that boys are often a lot slower at learning things than girls are- i.e., potty training about a year later than girls. Just don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy every second you have with them- even the super sassy seconds! I love and miss you!
You blogged! I'm so proud. :) Ridiculous that I would bug you about it, since I'm the one behind the lens in all these situations, but you know, I don't want other people to be deprived of your kids' cuteness. :)
Post a Comment