Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jumpstreet!

The most fun place on Earth!!  For $4/child that is!!  But really, Jumpstreet is amazing.  A big ginormous warehouse full of trampolines and bounce houses just for kids under 7 (which is great, since my biggest pet peeve in public places for kids is older kids elbowing their way around).  And since both of our girls are heavily active and jumpy and runny (that sounded weird, but those are good adjectives to describe them), Jumpstreet is our dream come true.  Here they are with their twinner pigtails just before we left the house.
And of course, here is Devin looking adorable.  "Hmmm?  What?  Oh, yeah, Kara and a camera.  Yeah, here's a cute face for you"



They were telling us a story here but I don't remember what it was!!  Curses!!

Dev's first experience with a bounce house is pure joy and love.  Phew, he fits right in with us!



Brave soul, climbed right up!


And mean/enabling/force-my-kids-into-independance mother that I am, shoves him on his way!!


Ahhh, so fun!!


Kara does these fabulous sequence collages.  I first love how Kyndal (she's unbelievably clumsy in all she does) spreads her limbs completely out to go down the slide.  No conforming here!  And my creepy happy face, but gosh, bounce houses are fun for the moms too!! 

Off he goes, alone!!  He's rather adept at falling though, so he managed to not shoot down it too quickly.  But of course, he loved it.



Ok, here are the trampolines.  Again, Jumpstreet is seriously the best place ever.  No possible way for little kids to hurt themselves (since kids over 7 aren't allowed in this area), they just get to jump around (jump jump jump, jump around!) safely.  Which made way for Devin's partying side to show itself.  Drunk baby!!  He laughed for probably the first 1/2 an hour straight that he was on the trampolines and just walked around on the verge of falling over the whole time.  He was so pleased with life.  How great is it that you can fall over constantly and still have the best time ever??!


So, one of my favorite noises that children make is when they take breaths as they drink.  For some reason I think it's adorable.  I want to knock them over when I hear it, it's so dang cute.  Since both girls were running and jumping their scrawny little legs off for 2 hours straight, we got to hear that a lot!!

The whole Jumpstreet crew! (Minus Miss B who sat contentedly in her chair watching us and/or sleeping)


Kyndal favored running over jumping, so she sprinted back and forth mostly.  Sprint jumping is seriously addicting, I must say!


Allie mostly jumped, since she's had the jumping concept down for many years already :)



Again, I say, Drunk Baby!!!

So great :) Ah to be a child again.  Falling makes you happy instead of being painful and dizzy. 


Climby McClimberson broke the rules often and well, of course!  I'm super impressed with their ability to just monkey right up there though!  The sign does in fact say "Don't Touch Red Pads", and what kind of moms would we be if we enforced that rule?  Phsssh.  Climb away dear children, climb away!



Just like I let my kids run around in Chipotle so I can hold a 5 minute conversation with whatever friend I happen to be there with, I let her break the rules.  Not gonna fight that battle, sorry.  Especially because she just climbed vertically 10 feet to do it!  That's talent!! 

And the aftermath shot.  All 3 are flushed, drinks are about gone, hair is messed up and Dev has his plug (naptime trumps all).  All signs point to a great time!!


We had to hit up McDonalds for ice cream afterwards.  Devin is extremely possessive when it comes to desserts.  He commandeers everything in his path and refuses to share and take no for an answer. 


I had to seriously get into his personal space to stop the ice cream from dripping everywhere.  Notice he's two-fisting the cones.  Yup.  Par for the course. 



Let's make a mess Mom!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I flippin love the Dev happy face because he's drooling. He's THAT happy hahaha!

Kara said...

I have NEVER seen Dev that happy EVER. He was so beyond blissed out he could barely deal with life. It was truly fantastic to watch, I have about 500 pictures of him from that day!

Shannon Gillman Orr said...

Please tell me this is in the valley of the sun so we can play there in December!